DIY Spiral Herb Garden

This is the easiest way to create a Spiral Herb Garden in less than an hour and won't have you lugging heavy materials to get the job done! What can I say, I'm a lazy gardener. I just want results without the calluses and the expense!
There are plenty of versions of the spiral garden out there, this is my version with a twist on herbs and flowers that are Bee Friendly and attract Butterflies! Might as well make something for all your little garden friends right?
DIY Spiral Herb Garden using recycled materials and moss from your yard.
The heaviest part of this job was the 11 old cinder blocks used as the foundation. These were placed to create a 4' wide inner circle bed.
Using an inexpensive 4' x 16' mesh heavy gauge wire roll available at Home Depot, cut a 16' foot piece and expand it out to the desired spiral shape. Clip it to create the 'steps' starting at the brick level until you reach the full 4' height.
Use moss to lay against the mesh and back fill it with soil as you go. No need to drive metal or wood stakes as this is completely self supporting.
Some of the plants include: Butterfly Bush, Marigolds, Nasturtium, Fennel, Oregano, Mint, Chives, Bee Balm, Lavender, and Fall Asters. For the complete list and instructions visit the link below.

Sow and Dipity

• Ronnie

Love it!

• Darla

I wonder if you could use glass bottles for the spiral instead of wire panels . . .