How do I repair my walls and ceiling?

+5

In my tiny one year old house, I used beadboard for ceilings and walls. Insulation is blown in Styrofoam (I highly recommend it) it's totally ventless. My walls and ceilings are splitting. HELP!

• Can you nail it into place, plaster over the cracks and repaint the whole thing?

• Bren L. Murray Bren L. Murray on Sep 04, 2018

It's all natural wood stains and semi gloss. It has split wide enough to see the boards it was mounted on especially the ceilings.

• Judy Judy on Sep 02, 2018

It sounds like your home is settling.

This is a normal but bothersome issue.

Is the wood splitting or seams coming apart?

You could squeeze some glue in to fix this depending on the size of the issue.

Photos would help.

• Sounds to me like the house can't breathe. I would investigate.

• See 2 previous

You are the second person who thought the same thing. I am researching for a reliable engineer. House sits on a pad where a double wide mobile home sat for a year but, that was 5 or 6 years ago. It was overgrown with weeds and very little dirt was moved. I'm afraid it's the foundation because of the plumber main contractor hired.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 04, 2021

Hello Bren,

Use a beading or lathe to cover the joints. Make a feature of them or lose them by blending them in with decorations.