Coastal Farmhouse Bathroom Refresh

$8000
6 Weeks
Advanced

We teamed up with Jeffrey Court Tile to bring our boring master bathroom to life. By mixing the different kind of tile added interest and the final finish definitely feels more spa like and gave our ugly bathroom a modern coastal feel. Transforming this bathroom was definitely a labor of love and was one of the most physically demanding projects to date. At least now we have a soothing place to relax.
Here's the before of our builder grade ugly bathroom.
The enclosed shower felt really small and the bathtub area lacked a lot of personality.
A view from another corner of our not so pretty bathroom.
This ugly shower had to go!
Once we took the shower insert out, we realized we were going to gain so much more space.
I'm pretty sure demo was my favorite.
Once we started adding the backer boards, we could see the room start to take on it's new personality.
Out of all the tile, the floor tile was my absolute favorite all arounds.
Changing out the old rusted vanity lights to something brighter and more coastal, definitely helped keep with our modern coastal feel.
Doing a board and batten style finish on the corner tub, gave the tub new life. I know tubs in general are not a crowd favorite, but our family loves this huge tub. Plus with her new look, it's hard not to fall in love even more.
View from the tub after transforming this bathroom. So in love! Changing out the long vanity for two smaller, yet functional his and hers vanities, it gave us a lot more space.
Taking out the shower insert and tiling the whole shower up to the ceiling gave us so much more space.
And here's the gorgeous after! Taking out the bulky long vanity and replacing it with his and hers sinks opened up the space and gave it much more style. To see the full post on how this all came together, you'll need to check out my blog to see the week by week changes.

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style

• Eileen Thomas-Rich

We have the opposite problem. An old house, built 1953. The bathroom has a tub which we don't use plus the bathroom is very small. No way to expand so I want the tub out and put in shower. We thought about one of those inserts. This will open up more space. The walls under the sheetrock and alot of paint are planks of wood about 6-8" wide and really pretty cool. Love your bathroom makeover.

• Carol Williams Fordice

We have a huge, not so nice vanity that could be replaced with two vanities. I like this look.