CribbsStyle
CribbsStyle
  • Mount Pleasant, SC

Coastal Farmhouse Bathroom Refresh

$8000
6 Weeks
Advanced

We teamed up with Jeffrey Court Tile to bring our boring master bathroom to life. By mixing the different kind of tile added interest and the final finish definitely feels more spa like and gave our ugly bathroom a modern coastal feel. Transforming this bathroom was definitely a labor of love and was one of the most physically demanding projects to date. At least now we have a soothing place to relax.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
Here's the before of our builder grade ugly bathroom.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
The enclosed shower felt really small and the bathtub area lacked a lot of personality.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
A view from another corner of our not so pretty bathroom.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
This ugly shower had to go!
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
Once we took the shower insert out, we realized we were going to gain so much more space.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
I'm pretty sure demo was my favorite.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
Once we started adding the backer boards, we could see the room start to take on it's new personality.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
Out of all the tile, the floor tile was my absolute favorite all arounds.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
Changing out the old rusted vanity lights to something brighter and more coastal, definitely helped keep with our modern coastal feel.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
Doing a board and batten style finish on the corner tub, gave the tub new life. I know tubs in general are not a crowd favorite, but our family loves this huge tub. Plus with her new look, it's hard not to fall in love even more.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
View from the tub after transforming this bathroom. So in love! Changing out the long vanity for two smaller, yet functional his and hers vanities, it gave us a lot more space.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
Taking out the shower insert and tiling the whole shower up to the ceiling gave us so much more space.
coastal farmhouse bathroom refresh
And here's the gorgeous after! Taking out the bulky long vanity and replacing it with his and hers sinks opened up the space and gave it much more style. To see the full post on how this all came together, you'll need to check out my blog to see the week by week changes.
CribbsStyle

• Eileen Thomas-Rich

We have the opposite problem. An old house, built 1953. The bathroom has a tub which we don't use plus the bathroom is very small. No way to expand so I want the tub out and put in shower. We thought about one of those inserts. This will open up more space. The walls under the sheetrock and alot of paint are planks of wood about 6-8" wide and really pretty cool. Love your bathroom makeover.

• CribbsStyle

Thank you!!! If we had another tub in the house we may have taken this one out. What you described sounds perfect!!

• Carol Williams Fordice

We have a huge, not so nice vanity that could be replaced with two vanities. I like this look.

• CribbsStyle

Thank you!! We love it too and it surprisingly makes the room feel so much bigger which I wasn’t expecting.