Asked on Sep 3, 2018

How do I fix yard flooding?

Carol ArmstrongKcMogie


How would you manage flooding on a leased lot in a mobile home park? The office has been very slow to respond it’s been 3 weeks with me trying to get this fixed. Surface water around deck about 6 inches I’m thinking French drain any suggestions?

4 answers
  • Deb K
    Deb K
    on Sep 3, 2018

    What isfyou divert it using 1/2 pvc pipe or pieces of eaves trough? run it towards an area where it won't run back then add some fill to raise the area that is flooding

  • Mogie
    on Sep 3, 2018

    A French drain should take care of the problem. But where is all the water coming from in the first place? That really needs to be handled too. The mobile home park should pay for this unless the cause of the water is some how connected to you.

  • Kc
    on Sep 3, 2018

    Is your home lot on the lowest ground in the park? A french drain will only work if it can pitch to a lower point. In which case you may need to excavate a deep catch basin or drainage pond to collect the run off.

  • Carol Armstrong
    Carol Armstrong
    on Sep 3, 2018

    Can you dig a trench around your area?

Your comment...