Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Upcycle Standard Patio Furniture!

$60

Used hometalks posted video of the faux stained glass patio set as inspiration when I found this standard table and chairs bundle for only $40 on my local buy/sell/trade Facebook page! Love how it turned out and only took two days (included paint drying time) hope you enjoy my time lapse video :)
upcycle standard patio furniture
This was our patio set before we gave it a rad redo!
upcycle standard patio furniture
The first thing we did was we took apart the table, removed the cushions from the seats, and gave all the furniture a good washing!
upcycle standard patio furniture
upcycle standard patio furniture
Once all of the furniture was sparkly clean, we took them out back and began the spray painting! The table base got a coat of bright red!
upcycle standard patio furniture
Spray spray spray, it's looking good!
upcycle standard patio furniture
We wanted the paint only the chair arms and legs a fun aqua, so we laid an old sheet over the seat and back to protect it from the spray paint.
upcycle standard patio furniture
All of the paint is done, not too shabby!
upcycle standard patio furniture
We put the table back together, and then got working on the table top, thanks Hometalk for the inspo!
upcycle standard patio furniture
We used paint and glue to apply the image on the glass table top.
upcycle standard patio furniture
upcycle standard patio furniture
The finished painting!
upcycle standard patio furniture
And then once the painting was all done and dry, we carefully placed it back in place.
upcycle standard patio furniture
Ta dah! The patio furniture makeover is complete, we love it!
upcycle standard patio furniture

• Mebellucci

I have a similar table and have tried to take it apart. I can never figure out how to remove the glass. How do you accomplish this?

• Tim Orr

There are so many different ways to do that. Maybe you should ask someone with some mechanical inclinations that can actually come and look at the table.

• Roberta

I clicked on the "craft paint" above to see if it was special outdoor paint but it is acrylic like what I use for indoor projects, or things that typically won't be exposed to weather. So, like someone else asked, what did you do to weather-proof the painting? Love what you did!

• Bekki Wampler

Most definantly paint underneath...but when doing so keep in mind ur picture will be in reverse, most especially when doing any lettering....love this idea

• Susie

Great idea - but why not paint the underside of the glass table?- Wouldn't have any wear and tear on the cool paint job.

• Chandra

Awesome job! Looks beautiful and colorful 👏👏👏

• Linda

Not my style, but I love what you did. A lot of effort and a total transformation. Good job!