Easy Recipe To Remove Marker From The Couch

$2

Do you have an artist in your family who loves to color on everything but paper? I completely understand. I have one too. But, don't worry, I have you covered. The recipe to remove marker from the couch is only 3 basic household ingredients already found in your home.
One of the purchases my husband and I made recently for our children was a little art set. (Markers, crayons, paints, stencils, those super cute things that come in their own "grown-up" case that children are excited to play with).

Normally the children play with their markers under adult supervision (not that they are criminals, but mistakes happen. For example, the reason why I'm writing this blog post). But, for some reason that one day one of our children decided to use our couch as their canvas.

I remember walking into the room, seeing this child's face covered in marker, turning, and seeing the couch covered in the same marker. Our oldest child promptly responded, "He did it!"

The thing I love most about this DIY tutorial is how simple everything is. You don't have to worry about hurting your back, hands, or knees. And you certainly won't be spending all day scrubbing either.
Supplies Needed:
  • Magic Eraser Cleaning Pad(you can see mine is well loved and used from the photograph)
  • A washcloth to wipe the liquid
  • A small bowl containing the mixture to remove marker from the couch

Ingredients for the Mixture:
  • 1 Tablespoon liquid hand dishwashing detergent
  • 1 Tablespoon of white vinegar
  • 2 cups of warm water
In a large bowl mix the three ingredients together. Using a clean magic eraser cleaning pad (or washcloth) sponge the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution.
Wipe to remove marker from the couch with a second clean (and dry) washcloth.

Repeat until the stain is gone from your couch.
I will let you know that this mixture does remove the stain very easily. Trust me when I say, as a mother with little ones, I completely understand how important it is to make life as easy as possible.

Micah | Home Faith Family