Asked on Sep 4, 2018

Kitchen counter top make-over ?

WandaPatDEE MCNEIL
+8

I need a simple idea to redo my kitchen counter tops...so outdated but don’t want to put a lot of money into it. All so a small area to work in !

• Linda Rexrode
    Linda Rexrode

I read some where that contact paper was used! It now comes in a variety of colors & styles! I think the very small pebbles would look awesome!

• Claudine
    Claudine

Kitchen counter paint! Lots of brands and several kits that are relatively inexpensive. Also Google diy counter top painting and you'll get a zillion hits!!! Lots of ideas such as just one color to how to make faux marble.

• You can also try a skim coat concrete for a cool modern look. It’s easy to do.

• Eloise
    Eloise

Research Rustoleum's Countertop Transformations and Giani Countertop Paint (unable to post the links for some reason).

• Margaret
    Margaret

Not sure about the counter situation but if you have a drawer near the prep area you could buy a board to fit across the drawer when it is open to provide that space to work on.

• Margaret
      Margaret

You're welcome. My sister in law used a large board over the top of the stove if she was doing a large prep but I think this is dangerous if you have small children (she didn't) also you have the problem of where to put it when you don't need that much space (she had a large pantry)

• DEE MCNEIL
    DEE MCNEIL

I saw one make over where the kitchen counter tops were tiled.

really looked great.

• Pat
    Pat

Mother used contact paper and it looked very nice and clean....you can't cut on it but is something that you can change when you are tired of it. I remember hers was a white background with little blue flowers.

• Wanda
    Wanda

I loved all the ideas & so many choices. I will let everyone know the one I pick. Tks again

WS