Asked on Sep 4, 2018

How do I connect my gas stove to gas wall tube?

Kenneth GauthierWilliamLifestyles Homes
+3

We are updating a fixer/upper and we are trying to install electric/gas stove in basement. Plumber didn’ Tell me how to connect the two. Help!?

Tube attached to stove.

New tube in wall attached to gas service to house.

• Heje
    Heje

Talk to the gas company about a safe installation. It looks like you will have an opportunity to clean up the area with the stove not in yet.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

You probably need a regulator installed. I agree with above, check wtih the gas company.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi Rebecca! The gas company usually requires installation by a professional. Contact them to confirm this. This is not a DIY project. You may be able to get referrals from them or the place you bought the stove.

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

Do you have a new shut-off valve and new supply line kit? If your plumber didn’t install a shut-off valve you’ll need one first.

William

I agree. Gas is not something to play with. Call the gas company and they'll advise you what needs to be done and may even do it for you.

• Kenneth Gauthier
    Kenneth Gauthier

Gas analyzers https://axonim.com/works/gas-analyzer.html work on the principle of absorption of light by the gas under test. Absorption analyzers need only shine a beam of light through an unheated sample chamber, then measure how much of specific wavelengths were absorbed by the sample. The amount of light absorbed is proportional to the concentration of the component in the fluid which absorbed light