Asked on Sep 5, 2018

How to make Hardwood floor cleaner?

Mary HilbrandKathy Gunter LawMandie
+4

How much proportion vinegar and water to clean hardwood? A company that charges way too much to clean them said this was good, but did not tell me how

Much of each.

• Mandie
    Mandie

Found this on Pinterest...

You will need:

Spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, vinegar and water.

Directions:

-in spray bottle fill 1/3rd rubbing alcohol, 1/3rd vinegar and 1/3rd water (in other words – equal parts of each ingredient)

How to use:

-spray in medium sized sections on the floor and use a soft cloth mop to wipe it up! No extra water needed!

She also added:

*It’s super easy, cheap, safe and leaves your house smelling really fresh!

**I have now used this homemade wood floor cleaner in all three of our houses on laminate, engineered hardwood and solid hardwood flooring and it’s worked great on all of them!

Her link:

http://gatheredinthekitchen.com/2013/04/01/diy-wood-floor-cleaner-safe-non-toxic-easy-and-cheap/

I hope this helps!! But I will keep looking! ;-)

• Mandie
      Mandie

Omg. That is CRAZY!! I mean I'm cheap and find ways to do stuff my self, but almost $1000?! That is just nuts! I wouldn't pay that either!

• Mandie
    Mandie

I found this one with JUST water & vinegar.

The correct ratio of water to white vinegar is 1/2 cup white vinegar to 1 gallon of warm/hot water.

https://www.cleanmama.net/2012/07/how-to-wash-hardwood-floors-with.html

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

1 cup apple cider vinegar

1 Tbsp Blue dawn

2 gallons hot water

Wring your mop nearly dry and you're good to go.

BONUS:

Add 1 cup baking soda for tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. Also, you can use white vinegar on this mixture (cheaper).

• Mary Hilbrand
    Mary Hilbrand

DO NOT USE VINEGAR ON YOUR WOOD FLOORS!! Vinegar is an acid and in time will destroy the finish. Wood and water do not go together either. Use a product that is specifically made for wood floors. Personally I like Bona but there are several other brands available also.