How to Remove Ink From Plastic Containers so You Can Reuse Them

If you like to reuse plastic containers, you can remove the ink from the ones you have easily. I like to take all the ink off so I have plastic tubs/lids to use for gifts when I make extra batches of goodies in the kitchen! A little washi tape or ribbon and a white container can go a LONG way!!!
See the awesome before and after???? This little plastic container was one of the ones I used to pack up some cute Valentine's Day trail mix for little man's teacher.
With some paper towels, a dishtowel (to catch any spills or drips) and some acetone, this quickly turned into a plain white bowl with lid.
Tadaaaaa. :) We also use containers like this for my husband to take leftovers in for lunch. But any plastic container that you may have a good use for, can have the ink taken off....just like that!

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Jenni @ Sweet Pennies

• Becky
    Becky

Where do you buy acetone?
    • Lokie
      Lokie

Not all nail polish remover contains Acetone. Make sure you check that is does before buying if your going to use nail polish remover.

• Dani  Daniels
    Dani Daniels

How do you get years of scum and dirt off the bathtub. It’s a ring around the tub. I have read all advise you all post and no success.

• Virginia Thomas
      Virginia Thomas

The best thing I FINALLY found is CLR Brilliant Bath cleaner! After several years of trying everything that was recommended to me with absolutely no success, this stuff was amazing! It sprays out real thick and I was lazy so it took a few weeks of spraying it on daily.....walls and base................ then waiting until the next morning to rinse it down before I showered. Since it is thick it 'hangs' on the surface as it starts to clean. I love it!!!!

• Wanda Woolard
    Wanda Woolard

As you are using the acetone on the outside of the container, shouldn’t it be fine to use food items on inside? Still could use containers for all sorts of storage:) love your idea!

• Paula
    Paula

I would only use this for non-food items.

• Techymom
    Techymom

Thank you for the tip about using acetone. I am surely going to try it.