What to do with an old panel window?

+5

I was given an old window. I was thinking of putting my family pictures in it and hanging it up in the living-room. I am looking for more ideas. Thank you

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Sep 05, 2018

We had an old window (missing one pane) that we hung horizontally on the wall. We added fake vines and grapes to go along with our wine décor. The vines wound through the missing glass and along the frame.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 05, 2018

Add a magnolia wreath if you like the farmhouse style.

• You can add photos, a wreath, or even vinyl if you have a vinyl machine. Hobby Lobby sells vinyl sayings too that look really good on old windows :)

• Jeanne Martin Jeanne Martin on Sep 09, 2018

I just recently picked up a couple of free windows and plan to do what is shown in these pics from some HT posts. The 1st one is making it look like stained glass by tracing a pic, outlining it with glue with black paint added, then coloring it in with glass paint. The other one is similar but no glue. Search Hometalk for glass painting and I'm sure you'll find the posts with instructions for these two pics. I just added the pics I saved below, not the links. I’m sure I bookmarked the posts, just don’t have time right now to search. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll search my bookmarks (they are extensive tho!).

• Homeroad Homeroad on Sep 22, 2018

Here's an idea for you. Paint the window and add a shelf to the bottom. Hang a wreath and you have a beautiful decorative wall shelf! Read all about this one here --->> http://bit.ly/2KusZLC