Asked on Sep 6, 2018

Make my floor shinier

Kathy Gunter LawPamelaUnique Creations By Anita

Can I polyurethane my ceramic tile kitchen floor to make it shinier? Would it last?

• Unique Creations By Anita
    Unique Creations By Anita

You have to use a proper tile sealer on ceramic tiles. Adding polyurethane will make the tile shine but it wall also make it very slippery.

• Pamela
    Pamela

Look for a product made by Halloway House , it think it is called quick shine ? I believe it can be used on many different surfaces, you will need to check if ceramic tile one. ( but I think it is ) i was using it for wood, and it said to use 1 or 2 coats , up to 7 , that would be like a bowling alley finish !

please don't think this is like a mop & shine product , it is not. I do it about once a year or so. It keeps the floor shiny and new looking.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I wouldn't recommend it. It usually doesn't adhere well.

Deep clean and if you still aren't happy with the finish, you can use Rejuvenate All Floor Restorer. QVC sells it with an applicator & mop for around $25.