Using Bondo to Make New Feet

$21

I needed to make new feet for a demilune table becaude only one of them had all the pieces and was round. So i made a mold of that good foot, filled it with bondo and smooshed it into place! Within a few hours, it was dry enough to be sanded and I had perfectly round feet
using bondo to make new feet
I hope it inspires at least one person to fix their broken furniture rather than throwing it away! 

I first sanded down the feet that needed fixing and cleaned them up real good with vinegar and water. This step is extremely important to ensure good adhesion of the bondo so it can last for generations! I took cooking oil spray, sprayed the good foot and then covered it with hot glue.
using bondo to make new feet
Once dried, it pops right off and that was my mold. Then I sprayed the inside of the hot glue mold with cooking spray, mixed the bondo and piled it into the mold. Bondo comes with a small tube of cream hardner and the mixture dries super quick, so be sure to wait until you are ready for the bondo to mix it up and you must act fast! Smoosh the filled mold onto the bad foot and wipe away any excess that oozes out while holding the mold in place. After a few minutes (about 4-5), you can remove the mold.
using bondo to make new feet
It will come off quite easily but may require some force. After 4 hours, you can sand down the bondo until smooth (I started with 100 grit sandpaper and worked my way up to 220), and then paint with your color of choice  . Be sure to wear a mask while sanding so you don't breathe in any of the harmful particles.  

using bondo to make new feet
This is a lot easier to accomplish than it sounds. Anyone can do this! 
using bondo to make new feet
using bondo to make new feet
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 16, 2018 10:02 PM - More info

• Lynn Hodgdon
    Yesterday

I’m not ready to try this as yet ... but I NEED to know how you painted this table . It is Fabulous !!!! I have a similar table and seriously want to copy your technique. This is outstanding .. congrats on beautiful outcome !!!!

• Thank you! The paint is a behr mis-tint from home depot that I mixed calcium carbonate in to make chalk paint. I then sealed it with minwax paste wax and added black glaze into all the crevices

• Debra McMenamin
    31 minutes ago

That is absolutely lovely. I love the paint color. Nice job!