How to clean a nasty toilet??

+6

i have to toilets that i cant get the stains out from under the rim

• Everything Pretty Everything Pretty on Sep 09, 2018

Try a brush with a little nub on one side that gets under the rim. This is an example of one. https://amzn.to/2COGQKn

I use either Lysol cleaner or Bar Keepers Friend spray because I have hard water and a lot of rust and lime.

• Sharon Sharon on Sep 09, 2018

I use Lime Away in the under-rim squirt bottle and a toliet brush for myself and all my clients. If its rust coming from the tank, I will add some white vinegar to the tank a couple times to clean out the tank, and bonus vinegar kills any mold.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Sep 09, 2018

Comet on a sponge make a past and put on stains leave on for a hour

• Sharon Mapes Sharon Mapes on Sep 10, 2018

Try a bottle of Coke

• Kristi L. Bilyeu Kristi L. Bilyeu on Sep 10, 2018

The previous answers were all good, especially the coke! If, however, you still have stains that other products won’t remove, try this idea that I would almost guarantee to work. Go to the foot care aisle in your local department store and buy a pumice stone. Use the stone to scrub any toilet stains you might have. I was skeptical at first because I didn’t want it to scratch my toilet. Amazingly, it doesn’t!!! It took out stains where a toilet was seldom used, and I had tried everything! Scrub as hard as you need to...your toilet will still have the perfectly smooth surface it always had!!! You might also try Magic Erasers if you already have those on hand. I bought generic ones much cheaper on Amazon...50 or 60 for like $8.

• See 2 previous
    • Kristi L. Bilyeu Kristi L. Bilyeu on Sep 11, 2018

I just read that you do need to keep the pumice stone wet while you’re using it...and never use it on marble.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Sep 10, 2018

You could also put a cloth in the bottom and fill to top add bleach and let soak .