Asked on Sep 11, 2018

How do I get my oven racks to slide?

LisaKmdreamerWanda
+4

• Hi Sharon. Try a little cooking oil.

• Nancy
    Nancy

X40

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

Take a wad of aluminum foil and “sand” both the racks and the glides where they contact each other. Meaning rub any surface imperfections smooth.

Oils will burn and carmelize over time in an oven, making the problem worse.

• Wanda
    Wanda

WD40 is flamable. An appliance store should have a product called graphite. Sprinkle it along the track and replace racks. They will slide even better than new.

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Take them out Brillo the sides try wax wood wax a little on the wall and the mettle that touches

• Lisa
    Lisa

I agree with Cheryl. I think you have to make sure both surfaces are smooth and doing this with a cleaning brush and cleaner or doing it with aluminum foil are both methods of doing that. I do not think you want to put a flammable substance into your oven. I also would hesitate to put any substance that could give off gasses or fumes once your oven heats up. You don't want that in your food. (It's one reason why I don't use traditional cleaners in my oven.)