- Lay fabric on flat surface and place stool lid in the center. Ensure that all edges can be covered with the fabric size.
- Use the staple gun and staple each side of the fabric under the bottom pulling it snug.
- Continue to staple the fabric tightly doing the corners last.
Faux Suede Foot Stool Makeover
I turned some old mismatched faux suede footstools into modern expensive looking jute style footstools for half the price of what they cost in stores.
Once the fabric is covering the lid is attached firmly trim the fabric.
- Using the glue gun and glue adhere a piece of rope to the center of the very bottom of one side of the stool. Making sure to have gloves on your hands to easily clean up afterward.
- Follow the rope with glue and continue to attach the rope around the footstool.
- Continue this in a rotating motion until getting to the end of the rope. Start with new rope immediately after in the same fashion as step1.
- Once all pieces of the footstool are covered cut the rope and conceal the end as best you can.
I absolutely love how these turned out. I was able to complete this project for 45% less than it would have cost to but similar ones in the store!
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go