Faux Suede Foot Stool Makeover

$40

I turned some old mismatched faux suede footstools into modern expensive looking jute style footstools for half the price of what they cost in stores.
  • Lay fabric on flat surface and place stool lid in the center.  Ensure that all edges can be covered with the fabric size.
  • Use the staple gun and staple each side of the fabric under the bottom pulling it snug.
  • Continue to staple the fabric tightly doing the corners last.
Once the fabric is covering the lid is attached firmly trim the fabric.
  • Using the glue gun and glue adhere a piece of rope to the center of the very bottom of one side of the stool.  Making sure to have gloves on your hands to easily clean up afterward.
  • Follow the rope with glue and continue to attach the rope around the footstool.
  • Continue this in a rotating motion until getting to the end of the rope.  Start with new rope immediately after in the same fashion as step1.
  • Once all pieces of the footstool are covered cut the rope and conceal the end as best you can.

I absolutely love how these turned out. I was able to complete this project for 45% less than it would have cost to but similar ones in the store!

TaKenya Hampton

• Dpbeee2

Great new look for a dated piece! What are the dimensions of your ottoman (did you state and I missed it)? Im trying to guestimate the amount of rope I need for mine. Did the 100 ft cover just one or both. Thank you.

• Rebecca Leah Main

Your head oard is amazing too...would u happen to have instructions for that one too???

• Joyce

Very neat idea. Will look great at a lake house or in FL or anywhere close a beach. I like it.

• Debra McMenamin

Perfect size! Looks great.