TaKenya Hampton
TaKenya Hampton
  • Wake Forest, NC

Faux Suede Foot Stool Makeover

$40

I turned some old mismatched faux suede footstools into modern expensive looking jute style footstools for half the price of what they cost in stores.
faux suede foot stool makeover
  • Lay fabric on flat surface and place stool lid in the center.  Ensure that all edges can be covered with the fabric size.
  • Use the staple gun and staple each side of the fabric under the bottom pulling it snug.
  • Continue to staple the fabric tightly doing the corners last.
Once the fabric is covering the lid is attached firmly trim the fabric.
faux suede foot stool makeover
  • Using the glue gun and glue adhere a piece of rope to the center of the very bottom of one side of the stool.  Making sure to have gloves on your hands to easily clean up afterward.
faux suede foot stool makeover
faux suede foot stool makeover
  • Follow the rope with glue and continue to attach the rope around the footstool.
  • Continue this in a rotating motion until getting to the end of the rope.  Start with new rope immediately after in the same fashion as step1.
  • Once all pieces of the footstool are covered cut the rope and conceal the end as best you can.

faux suede foot stool makeover
I absolutely love how these turned out. I was able to complete this project for 45% less than it would have cost to but similar ones in the store!

TaKenya Hampton

• Dpbeee2

Great new look for a dated piece! What are the dimensions of your ottoman (did you state and I missed it)? Im trying to guestimate the amount of rope I need for mine. Did the 100 ft cover just one or both. Thank you.

• Rebecca Leah Main

Your head oard is amazing too...would u happen to have instructions for that one too???

• Joyce

Very neat idea. Will look great at a lake house or in FL or anywhere close a beach. I like it.

• Debra McMenamin

Perfect size! Looks great.