How to create separation between and bathroom and a bedroom.

+6

We had french doors between our bathroom and bedroom. The doors were pulled out of their hinges. The doors are not standard size. Curtains there now. Any other ideas?

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 12, 2018

Room divider something like this:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70182191/

You can get all different kinds of styles.

• Brenda M B Brenda M B on Sep 12, 2018

Have you tried those decorative folding room dividers, the ones like shutters but stand on their own? Unless your looking for a sound barrier as well, maybe along the lines of connecting a radio to the light switch set to turn on to your favorite station or CD when the switch is put on?

• Gk Gk on Sep 12, 2018

Do you have space to use a barn door?

• Kathy Kathy on Sep 13, 2018

Our house is 1 bed, 1 bath in the master, we use a Shower curtain I keep it tied back with a ribbon, if a guest uses it he/she closes the master bedroom door. You can use a decorative shower curtain & a tie-back to hold it open when not in use. Can you put up a accordion door, or pocket door?Hope this helps

Kathy

• Eve Dunn Eve Dunn on Sep 13, 2018

Can you replace the frame for the doors. You could then reinstall the doors you have.

• Ell28825698 Ell28825698 on Sep 13, 2018

That is a great idea. Unfortunately my husband broke the door in half trying to stop his fall.

• Jam817295 Jam817295 on Sep 13, 2018

I wonder how a barn door would look if there’s enough wall space to slide it over. If rustic isn’t your style, it could be any style door put on the barn door hardware.

Thank you for your suggestion. I am not that familiar with a barn door set up. You've given me something to research. I appreciate it.

• Tammy Schafer Tammy Schafer on Sep 13, 2018

I love the look of a sliding door-- much like a barn door or exactly a barn door!! We are using three antique doors on a wrought iron track as a divider into my diningroom from the kitchen.