How do you paint behind your commode tank?

+5

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 13, 2018

Brenda Hi,. Purchase a very thin roller with a long handle. You can try the handle from a broom, but I don't know if it will fit behind the tank. Aloha!

• I paint what I can and leave the rest. If I can't see it, it doesn't bother me enough to remove the toilet tank and do it right.

Use a short handled brush to get as much as you can though.

• Joanne Rheault Joanne Rheault on Sep 13, 2018

TO avoid paint getting on your commode, slide a garbage bag over top of it!!

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Sep 13, 2018

I typically use a long roller handle and a small roller to reach behind the toilet. I will also use a thinner paint brush. You can take the top off of it too to get behind the top easily.

• William William on Sep 13, 2018

Lots of great tips. My problem is the tank hugs the wall with no space for anything. I used to remove the tank to paint behind it. Now I just paint around it. Your choice of what you want to do.

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Sep 13, 2018

I used the smallest foam roller with a long handle. Worked pretty well. My biggest problem was fitting in the small space between the edge of the tub and the toilet and having to use my left hand to roll the paint. It was comical and I am skinny lol.

• Joan Whitcomb Thompson Joan Whitcomb Thompson on Sep 17, 2018

I used an absorbent material attached to a ruler, (I sewed it, but a safety pin would work) ---- dipped in paint