DIY Fridge Pocket

$2

As part of our new weekly show, Workshop Wednesday, we will occasionally feature a fast DIY project.

This week we upcycled a baking pan into a fridge pocket to be used to store coupons, recipes, mail, and more.

The video is the entire Workshop Wednesday, but you can fast forward to time code 2:40 if you only want to see the DIY tutorial.

Want to see our latest projects? Sign-up for our weekly newsletter   here!

diy fridge pocket

First off, gather your materials. You'll need a baking pan you no longer use. If it is greasy, you'll need to clean it, otherwise the paint will not stick to it. You'll also need rare earth magnets, spray paint and optional primer, fast acting glue, clamps, and a circular saw with a metal cutting blade.

diy fridge pocket

With a marker, mark your cutting line. You can make your pocket however tall you'd like. Use a speed square if you have one as it makes it easy to draw a straight line across the pan. Clamp the pan to your workspace to keep it from moving when you make your cut. (Below we have a piece of insulation foam to protect our work surface).

diy fridge pocket

Make sure you have a metal cutting blade in your saw. BEFORE you start to make the cut, be sure to put on tight fitting safety glasses, a mask, and ear protection. Also, it's a good idea to wear tight fitting long sleeves to protect yourself from the small metal shards that come off the metal as it is being cut.

diy fridge pocket

Once cut, be sure to clean the piece of dust and dirt. I sprayed the pocket with primer first, let that dry and finished with a coat of blue paint.

diy fridge pocket

Once dry, add the magnets to the back side with fast acting glue. I used the pencil eraser to push the magnets down into the glue. Allow to dry as stated on the glue directions.

diy fridge pocket

Add your new handy pocket to your fridge to store all those bits of paper that clutter your fridge.

diy fridge pocket

Do you have any old pans that need a new purpose?

Mother Daughter Projects

• Camoline

Do you think maybe adding washi tape along the rough cut edge would protect from cuts or scratches? Plus dress it up a bit! I love this idea for a dorm or even for a metal front door *mail*. This would also be handy on my washer and dryer! ❤️

• Denise
    5 hours ago

what about the sharp edges dumb

• Linda Premo
      29 minutes ago

Sanding them down is quite easy. You could also border with decorative tape or even decoupage and fold over the edges.

• Denise
    5 hours ago

what about the sharp edges dumb

• Chandra

U ladies are so astounding 👏👏

• Per29942647
    13 hours ago

I have something similar. It's plastic and I got it from a Dollar Tree! But if u have lots if spare time, I say go for it!