Asked on Sep 14, 2018

How do I stop weed growing on /in my paving??

Lilly BesterHolly Bertone | Pink FortitudePeggy L Burnette
+8

• Everything Pretty
    Everything Pretty

Here's a recipe for a natural weed killer

https://www.hometalk.com/20665086/natural-weed-killer?expand_all_questions=1

I spray them when they are a few inches tall and let them sit for a few days. Then I pull them or use a weed eater if they've really gotten out of hand.

It's best to spray them when they are more mature (don't weed eat and then spray the roots). Also make sure it won't rain for a few days after you spray.

• Janice
    Janice

I consistently have a mixture of 1 gallon white vinegar, 1 cup of table salt and a squirt of dishwashing liquid mixed and ready to go for spraying any weeds I see. Just spray the weeds as you see them with this and they'll wilt within a day or so. Keep at it and the acidity of the vinegar and the salt will keep new weeds from forming in the pavement cracks. Easy peasy!

• Boiling water or vinegar!

• Dee
    Dee

I too use the vinegar and salt, it not only keeps weeds away it keeps frogs away too.

• Sherri
    Sherri

Are they in cracks? Pouring bleach on them works too. Good luck.

• Within the Grove
    Within the Grove

Check your local lawn store if you have one. One that specializes in all things lawn and only lawn. My local one offers a product that will kill the weeds and prevent anything from growing back (unless I replace the soil). That might be your best bet!

• Lilly Bester
    Lilly Bester

Thank you all

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

We use a home recipe to kill it in our driveway. Spray it on in the a.m. after dew is evaporated and by eve they will be dead. 1 gallon white vinegar, 2 cups Epsom salts, 1/3 cup Dawn dish soap (blue kind). It kills any and all plants, so be careful where you put it.

• Peggy L Burnette
    Peggy L Burnette

Hi Lilly, this is Peggy. You can keep a squirt bottle of round up on hand and if you see a weed popping thru give it a squirt. This works for me and I hope it will work for you. Good luck

• This is the most effective weed killer that we use. It's been featured on Hometalk! Hope this helps. Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/weed-killer/

• Lilly Bester
    Lilly Bester

Thank you all