Can A Witch Fly Without Her Hat On?

$18

I hope so, because her hat makes for a great door decoration for Halloween!
can a witch fly without her hat on
I'm starting with a basic witch hat. This one has a buckle, but when I checked Walmart they had one that was adorned with feathers and roses. It was about the same price I paid for this one. No matter, when I made my trip to the Dollar Store I found plenty of inspiration to fill the hat inside and outside.
can a witch fly without her hat on
can a witch fly without her hat on
Two separate trips I collected quite a haul. I grabbed the boa after I saw the hat at Walmart.
can a witch fly without her hat on
I'm using a foam cone to stuff in the hat to help hold my silk and decorations.
The band that goes around the hat is really stiff and I was trying o figure out how I was going to hang the hat on the door and not have the band pop out. I got really frustrated with how I was going to hang this decoration. The wire that is inside the brim is not forgiving. If it is pushed back against the door everything falls to the front! I didn't want to ruin the hat by taking out the wire (it may come to that) so I tied jute at the base of the hat. It makes the brim collapse and what little OCD I do have is telling me it doesn't look quite right. Moving on ...
can a witch fly without her hat on
I started arranging my silk and the tinsel. I am really pleased with my choices of black and purple roses, purple asters, purple hydrangea and a dried looking cornflower that had a hint of orange. I decided not to use bright orange.
can a witch fly without her hat on
I added my spider to the single black rose (will hide the wire with paint later).
can a witch fly without her hat on
Wrapped the boa around the bottom. Goes pretty well with the fake diamond buckle.
can a witch fly without her hat on
Added my witches boots...a hint of color.
can a witch fly without her hat on
can a witch fly without her hat on
can a witch fly without her hat on
can a witch fly without her hat on
Update: I didn't like how the brim collapsed so I decided to cut the wire half way around on each side. I slipped out the back half of the wire and now the hat sits flat against the door. BUT, the front of the brim now falls down! Not sure what the solution is for this. I did research and some have cut the hat and fit it around a basket; I did not want to do this. So, here's how it hangs now. Still not perfect, but I think better. Plus, the legs hang out of the hat at a better angle. I'll note now too, that if you use the cheap boa, feathers keep falling off making me think a big hairy bug is on the floor!
can a witch fly without her hat on
Much cuter with the legs showing.

• Witch hat  (Amazon)
  • Silk  (Dollar Store)
  • Feather boa, tinsel, witch boots, spider  (Dollar Store)