Asked on Sep 15, 2018

How to remove utility paint markings ?

MogieDan FreylingSherri
+4

I have utility paint marks in quite a few places on the cement on my property. What is an easy way to remove them? Would a graffiti remover do it? City said they’ll eventually wash away but it’s been 3 months and they’re still there!

• Gk
    Gk

You can try graffiti remover. It seems to work well. The janitors at school use it to remove graffiti from the block walls.

• By Brittany Goldwyn
    By Brittany Goldwyn

Graffiti remover could work if there isn't any finish/paint on the cement already. Maybe a pressure washer would help??

• Chriss Grijak
    Chriss Grijak

My husband passed away unexpectedly and all his tools and equipment are still packed away. I know he had a pressure washer....will dig it out and give it a try. Thank you!

• Sherri
    Sherri

Chriss I'd try the graffiti remover first. The pressure washer may take the surface off the cement along with the paint. Good luck.

• Dan Freyling
    Dan Freyling

why cant the sub-contractor that sprayed the UGLY marks remove the paint. This is ridiculous, its like hire the handicap this company has no regard for people that have look at this crap for months, years...

• Mogie
    Mogie

I would call the city back and ask them how they plan to remedy this situation. The city made the marks they should be responsible for removing them also. We pay property taxes for a reason!