Suzette T
Suzette T
  • Philadelphia, PA

Overwhelmed with the task at hand need advice for horse stable garden

Non Profit site WORK TO RIDE volunteer landscaper in need of ideas 5.5 acres to landscape and really need some inexpensive ideas I can make or do myself as an older woman thank you for any suggestion or volunteers or donations.
This is what I had to work with once I arrived to plant.
What I accomplished by August and only a third way done.
Donated plants from all over used planted every single item. Planted them all ...all over.
Used everything around to get this as much as finished look as possible.
Even used old logs as containers cleaned up entrance side walk entrance
Finished up by digging a fire pit nice way to end the planting season

• Suzette T

Thank you all so much I have been using what Garden Frog recommends. And Douglas I did early this spring post and actual paper on the community boards at all the community garden sites in town, for those who just have a lot. Thinking they could or would be welcome to come out to expand or help plant their extra's. But not a single show of interest,I also thought for sure that would have had to be a good idea. I was left with no choice but to go to the INTERNET for help. Hoping folks from the city will see this plead for help. Thank you all again for your kind support.

• Jeanette S

I like Douglas Hunt's suggestion of contacting the garden clubs. And you might want to have special events like "lily day" and have people in the community share their plants with you. Maybe a "Kids build a Yellow Garden" day where parents can bring their kids out with a donated plant of a certain color...churches are looking for ways to entertain kids during the summer. Teen agers LOVE to get involved and they are strong! Let it be a teaching experience too...what you require are perennials..."read the planting instructions on height, sun, water needed, etc., and lay out a garden". One thing that is very interesting is a "green" garden where it is set up with different shades of green! They are lovely and are usually plants that require little care! Have fun with it!