One-Hour Blanket Ladder

I had a couple 2x4's kickin around the garage, so I decided to cut them up and make a blanket ladder with them. A blanket ladder is a fun and easy way to display or store blankets when your not bundled up in them. I made the ladder 54" tall with four 13" rungs attached to the middle. I turned the rungs a little bit so they were offset and using three inch screws, drove in four for each rung (two on each
one hour blanket ladder, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
The Finished Product! The blankets are each from IKEA.
I marked the side pieces evenly so I would know where to attach the rungs. I attached the rungs on one side, and then flipped it over and followed the marks and attached them to the other side.
I pilot drilled the holes so the wood wouldn't split and so I could easily screw in my rungs.
I drove in two screws on each side so the rungs wouldn't twist.
I used DecoArt chalk paint in Yesteryear and Clear Wax to finish the ladder. I also used a sander and scuffed it up a bit.
Then I hung my blankets and was done!
Amanda Jones