One-Hour Blanket Ladder

I had a couple 2x4's kickin around the garage, so I decided to cut them up and make a blanket ladder with them. A blanket ladder is a fun and easy way to display or store blankets when your not bundled up in them. I made the ladder 54" tall with four 13" rungs attached to the middle. I turned the rungs a little bit so they were offset and using three inch screws, drove in four for each rung (two on each side). I gave the whole thing a good coat of chalk paint and wax and hung up my blankets!
The Finished Product! The blankets are each from IKEA.
I marked the side pieces evenly so I would know where to attach the rungs. I attached the rungs on one side, and then flipped it over and followed the marks and attached them to the other side.
I pilot drilled the holes so the wood wouldn't split and so I could easily screw in my rungs.
I drove in two screws on each side so the rungs wouldn't twist.
I used DecoArt chalk paint in Yesteryear and Clear Wax to finish the ladder. I also used a sander and scuffed it up a bit.
Then I hung my blankets and was done!

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Amanda Jones

• Brooke Foster
    Brooke Foster

How far apart did you place the rungs of the ladder?

• Grandmasue10
      Grandmasue10

No really a reply: Now that I've read User's reply, I'll need two of these. One for my quilts and one for my throw in the LR.

• User
    User

I love this idea!!! I need this for all of the throws we have in our living room.

• Linda fassel
    Linda fassel

I'm sure going to try my hardest to do this project. Right now my blankets are laying on the floor.