How I Trashed My Wedding Dress With Color (Without Destroying It)

$30

You know those gorgeous Trash the Dress photoshoots? I did one! I wanted to take color-inspired trash the dress photos to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary but I didn’t want to actually ruin my wedding dress. After a few tries, I came up with a creative way to paint my wedding dress without destroying it. Here are the steps I took to "trash" my wedding dress with color.
First I picked out some colored craft paint. I choose rich hues and vibrant colors for fall. I found most of my art supplies at Michaels. I selected a collection of colorful artificial flowers to make a bouquet and I purchased a few yards of flowing white fabric.
At home, I spread out the white fabric and I used the craft paint to create artistic swirls and peacock-inspired designs. I blended colors, painted flourishes and allowed the paint to fully dry.
I didn't want the design to look too perfect but I tried to create an impressionistic design rather than a colorful mess. I tried to make the colors flow into each other like a twisting ribbon. The fun thing about painting is that you can paint whatever you want and try again if you mess up!
Once dry, I cut out different sections of the painted white fabric and pinned it onto my dress. The pins and edges of the fabric aren’t visible in the photos and the colorful painted design really stands out! I also made a coordinating artificial flower bouquet.
Once my dress was finished, my husband and I did our creative Trash the Dress photoshoot. We had alot of fun and made some memories while celebrating our 10th anniversary!

• Craft Paint  (Michaels)
  • White Fabric  (Michaels)
  • Artificial Flowers  (Michaels)

Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Katie Wallace