Turn a Recycled Plastic Container Into a Fairy Bridge

$5

We love recycling something unexpected and making things for our fairy garden. Like this little bridge.
turn a recycled plastic container into a fairy bridge
Would you believe me if I told you I used a plastic container to make the deck of the bridge?
Yup. It's so perfect for something like this. All you need to do is cut it in half and use one of the halves, together with a few Popsicle sticks and you have a stable base to work from. Just cut the Popsicle sticks and glue them down. You could use twigs instead for a more rustic look.
When it comes to the bridge railing there are so many ways to make some. We decided to create a bead and twine railing for ours. So after painting the bridge, beads were glued onto a piece of wire and then glued onto the base to form the upright supports. The railing were all joined together with some twine to finish it off. We don't want the fairies to fall of the bridge
And that's it. The fairy bridge is ready to go into your fairy garden.
Oh and don't forget to add a few cute little mushrooms too (you can get that tutorial here). I would love to know what you think and if it's something you would make for your fairy garden. Until next time, hope you have a lovely, crafty week filled with fairy kisses and love.
A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Stephanie Elaine

That is a GREAT idea. Thank you for sharing. My Grandson, who is 5 and Granddaughter who is 8, and I are starting our first fairy garden. Any suggestions would be appreciated. May I ask what plants are the ones in your photo? Have a blessed day.

• Tawny Kennedy Bohannon

Do not use hot glue if you are going to leave it outside , it will melt again! Round tree bark makes a perfect bridge , old empty spool of thread for toad stool , clear coat foliage from out side always fresh greenery or use hair spray with lacquer, old lipstick tubes , old fuzzy bedroom shoes fabric for grass dye with food coloring or old teddie bear fabric , I use small ring boxes to make out door furniture and use the hair spray or clear coat !

I build doll house out of scratch and furnish them with house hold items or make them rustic by using out door items ! I never spend a dollar on them and the kids love them ! Good luck !

• Mary Coakley

Do you have to take it in in winter time?

• Anthony Atkins

how to build a picnic table