Pine Cone Candle

$2

Well it’s getting dinner time. So while it’s cooking, I’m going to show you this really easy craft you can do for Thanksgiving or Christmas..You can literally do this in about 10 minutes.
pine cone candle
First let me say, I was looking at this pinecone I had in my ‘going to be a idea’ box. This box is just for neat things, different objects I find at the park. I was looking at the pine cone and noticed the bottom had a open space in the center. I instantly thought of a candle holder. Great Thanksgiving and Christmas.
pine cone candle
If the top of your pine cone has a point, cut that off the pine cone. The bottom is going to be the top, and top, the bottom.
Above is what your top will look like after you cut some off.
As you can see in the next photo how I wrapped the wire around the bottom.. leaving out 4″ of each wire after wrapping.

pine cone candle
You can see in the above photo how I wrapped the wire around the bottom.. leaving out 4″ of each wire free on both sides after wrapping.

pine cone candle
Now I had this piece of greenery also, I wrapped each end of the wire around the greenery to sit in the center and be stable. I didn’t like it…not enough pazazz! 
pine cone candle
Along in my Christmas 'goodie' bins , I found this pick. These pictures are before and after  I pulled it apart.

pine cone candle
This is the part of the pick I wanted to use. So I put the pretty silvery part on top of the plain piece, and hot glued them together.
I wrapped the 2 ends of the wires (wrapped around the bottom of the pinecone) around the greenery and attached to the pinecone.
I forgot to mention that I used faux battery candles from the dollar store. 2 for $1 great price! Takes 1 AAA battery. I have seen them with the timer, but they were very expensive.
pine cone candle
I was thinking of putting 3 of these on a board, and fill in with more greenery. What a beautiful centerpiece that would be! And it’s fast and easy. And…you probably have most the stuff you need already.
Kelleysdiy