Asked on Sep 18, 2018

I'm looking for a table decor using neckties, ideas?

Bonnie Patrick DuCharme4637385Ana Bacallao
+9

• Lori Fitzgibbon
    Lori Fitzgibbon

Do you sew? A cute pattern with them is always fun for the table as a runner, placements, or centerpiece.

Depending on what you are doing will tell me how to best advise you.

.

• L. Creative
    L. Creative

Long ago when skinny ties went out my grandpa gave me his and I wove them together and sewed the edges for chair pads. He LOVED them. I would think you could do the same for a table runner!

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Most of the ideas to made placemats and table toppers or runners require some degree of quilting skills. Here are a few examples.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Great! The design for this style of tabletopper is called Dresden Plate.

• Ruth
    Ruth

My cousin made a gorgeous lap throw in a star pattern for my grandmother after my grandfather passed away using his favorite neck ties. I think a table runner or cloth featuring some would be beautiful and a wonderful conversation starter.

• Ana Bacallao
    Ana Bacallao

I love the picture of the round table topper someone posted above. I bet you could make that one by gluing rather than sewing. Look at what I made with some of my husband's neckties after he retired. I must glued down, a little sewing and, of course, stapled to the wood but using the same concept, you can sew invisibly, by hand, the ties to the round piece and then lay out and glue along the edges inside to achieve this look.

https://www.hometalk.com/11107167/hubby-had-a-stash-of-ties-after-he-retired-till-i-got-my-hands-on-them

• Bonnie Patrick DuCharme
    Bonnie Patrick DuCharme

I am looking for ideas to make an alter cover at church with men’s ties for Father’s Day. Any suggestions please???