Fourth of July Candy Rockets

Fourth of July is just around the corner, and we are gearing up for our annual backyard bash! Last year we had more than 20 kids join the festivities, and this year I wanted to make a little something for each child to enjoy – candy-filled rockets!
Fourth of July Candy Rockets – a great party favors for the kids!
Pop the rocket top for a handful of surprises!
To make the rocket body:
1. Cut tissue paper into approximately 5-6″ squares or rectangles. (I just folded my sheets of tissue paper evenly until they were about that size and then cut, so my tissue squares varied based on the original size of my sheet.) Cut decorative paper into 4 x 6.5″ rectangles.
2. Tape one square of tissue paper onto toilet paper roll at an angle, about one-third to halfway up the roll.
3. Continue taping tissue paper corners around toilet paper roll, using 4 sheets total, staggering and overlapping sheets.
4. Tape decorative paper to toilet paper roll.
5. Roll paper around evenly and secure with double-stick tape
6. Bunch tissue ends together and tie with decorative strings and/or ribbon.
To make and secure the rocket top:
7. Trace and cut a circle approximately 4″ wide.
8. Cut one slit to the center of the circle.
9. Fold paper around to make a cone shape.
10. Secure inside seam with regular tape.
11. Secure visible, outer seam with double-stick tape.
12. I tried all sorts of tricks to get the rocket lid to stay on the toilet paper roll and the most effective method I found was basic tape bubbles at the ends of the roll. Fill your rocket with goodies, add two tape bubbles across from each other, and place the top on, centering it over the rocket body and pressing down firmly.
Finish by adding any additional embellishments you’d like, such as star stickers or ribbon stripes.
These DIY Candy Rockets are sure to be a hit with the kids at your Fourth of July party! They make great favors for an outer space or rocket-themed birthday party, too!

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
All Things G&D

• S.Harley
    S.Harley

These are really cool! Great idea and a fun idea that can be used for other holidays as well. :)

• Maryann Brodbeck Schrum
    Maryann Brodbeck Schrum

I made these today with my grandkids ( 8 yrs. & 3 yrs.) they enjoyed making them. Thank you for sharing.