DesertRose
DesertRose
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Phoenix, AZ

Fall Decor With Beige and White

$10

We painted two candle holders black a few years ago to match our decoration on our hutch. With a little paint, I found an update for fall decorations a fun task, and I love the new look on our built in hutch.
great update with paint for fall decor
This was our hutch when we first moved into our new home. The candlesticks had been purple and I sprayed them black to match our kitchen appliances and clock. This week it was time to update the old drab look and give our hutch a real welcome to fall!
great update with paint for fall decor
I gave the candlesticks 2 white coats and let it dry, then added a touch of the light brown to the candle holder cups, metal curly designs, and the base. I sponge panted everything to give it texture and no brush streaks.
great update with paint for fall decor
Then I did the same to the black "coffee pot" clock, putting the beige only on the pot design, not the face. The clock took 2 coats of the white and one of the beige. The beige and white acrylic paints were bought with Amazon gift certificates last winter.
great update with paint for fall decor
I set a long burlap table runner on the hutch and then the candle sticks and clock back on the hutch. I added a few of my decorations from around the house. The candle warmer gives the whole house a cinnamon aroma and makes everything feel like fall is here! We are harvesting our first apples off our tree and the cinnamon aroma makes me want to bake!
great update with paint for fall decor
Under the clock I set more decorations following the beige and white theme. I thought about frosting the candy dish and I may for Christmas holiday decorations. Mod Podge on any glass gives it a frosted look, especially if you put Epsom Salts on it.
great update with paint for fall decor
At the last minute I remembered the old wooden ice bucket and put some faux pumpkins, leaves and real pine cones in it.
great update with paint for fall decor
Here is the hutch now all decked out for fall. The burlap runner ties it all together so nicely.
great update with paint for fall decor
Here is the final scene with the candle warmer giving the house a wonderful aroma of something being baked for the holidays. It gives the hutch in our dining room an all new look, especially with the burlap runner tying it all together and the aroma of cinnamon in the air.
great update with paint for fall decor
I add more decorations as time goes on. Here are a few more pumpkins.
great update with paint for fall decor
I also found some larger pumpkins at a Dollar store.
great update with paint for fall decor
I think the big ones on the ends really enhanced the decorations.