How to Make a Scrap Wood Wall

$0

Warmth is easy to add in most rooms through textiles. But what about a garage? I spend a lot of my time working in my garage painting and building furniture for my business. So I wanted an easy way to make the room feel warm and inviting.

What I came up with accomplished that, plus used up old scrap wood and reminded me of past projects. Best of all, it was free.

Learn how to make your own scrap wood wall.
Start by collecting your scrap wood. I looked for varying widths and colors.
Some of the wood was already stained or painted. The remaining wood was stained or painted in different shades. Luckily, I have a large stash of paint and stain.
We used a l
We snapped chalk lined along the studs.
We used a laser level to help place the first row.
Then we started installing the wood using a nail gun and air compressor, nailing each board into a stud. Each row was a certain width and we staggered the lengths and colors.
We continued working, using a mitre saw to cut the angles for our angled wall (the stairs lead to space above the garage.)

We continued until the bottom, where we placed a stained 1 x 6 to act as a baseboard.
As a fun detail, we added small strips of lattice board that were painted black.
The scrap wood wall is one of my favorite things about the garage makeover.
To see how the entire garage turned out, click here.

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Emy Flint | Semigloss Design

• Aja31447179
    Aja31447179

What's the best ways to get those scrap wood's it could be pretty expensive

• Sandra L Warren
      Sandra L Warren

Places like Lowes have cardboard barrels that they place wood scraps cut from larger pieces that customers have cut for their specific projects. The leftover bits and pieces are placed in the barrels and are marked very cheap.

Also pallet wood is great for this kind of project and you can usually get them free.