How to Make a Scrap Wood Wall

$0

Warmth is easy to add in most rooms through textiles. But what about a garage? I spend a lot of my time working in my garage painting and building furniture for my business. So I wanted an easy way to make the room feel warm and inviting.

What I came up with accomplished that, plus used up old scrap wood and reminded me of past projects. Best of all, it was free.

Learn how to make your own scrap wood wall.
how to make a scrap wood wall
Start by collecting your scrap wood. I looked for varying widths and colors.
how to make a scrap wood wall
Some of the wood was already stained or painted. The remaining wood was stained or painted in different shades. Luckily, I have a large stash of paint and stain.
We used a l
how to make a scrap wood wall
We snapped chalk lined along the studs.
how to make a scrap wood wall
We used a laser level to help place the first row.
how to make a scrap wood wall
Then we started installing the wood using a nail gun and air compressor, nailing each board into a stud. Each row was a certain width and we staggered the lengths and colors.
how to make a scrap wood wall
We continued working, using a mitre saw to cut the angles for our angled wall (the stairs lead to space above the garage.)

how to make a scrap wood wall
We continued until the bottom, where we placed a stained 1 x 6 to act as a baseboard.
how to make a scrap wood wall
As a fun detail, we added small strips of lattice board that were painted black.
how to make a scrap wood wall
The scrap wood wall is one of my favorite things about the garage makeover.
To see how the entire garage turned out, click here.
Emy Flint | Semigloss Design

• Aja31447179

What's the best ways to get those scrap wood's it could be pretty expensive

• Mine was just leftover from old projects. When you build a lot, you end up with tons of leftover wood, so I like to come up with ideas to use that wood.

If you don't have scrap wood or have friends who build, you can look for used wood at the Restore or salvage yards.

Or you can use tongue and groove wood planks which are pretty affordable.