How do I get rid of this flying pest? No pets but the occasional 2yo

+7
q how do i get rid of this flying pest no pets but the occasional 2yo
  • Bob Spight Bob Spight on Sep 22, 2018

Stink Bugs. Good luck! The best thing would be to make sure you are air-tight, then wait them out. Their season is short.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Sep 22, 2018

Good luck if you live in the Northeast.....stink bug invasion! Don't know any way to get rid of them except to catch them in the hose of your vacuum cleaner. Don't know of ANY preventive measures.

• Mary Beerman Mary Beerman on Sep 22, 2018

Crush em or flush em!!!

I hate these things so much! They like to come in this time of year (September) and when they are on the screen I spray them with hairspray. It messes up the screen though, but I just hate them! They serve NO purpose and they ruin apples at orchards.

• Homeroad Homeroad on Sep 22, 2018

Those are stink bugs! Here is a good article --->> https://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/stink-bugs-control.htm

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 22, 2018

Thanks for the help. Ugh, they must be bad because I am in Alabama and it hasn’t been below 75 at any time.

• Stink bugs! We use this all-natural DIY spray along side of the swiffer to help keep our pests to a minimum. Hope this helps. Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/swiffer/

• Sha12889158 Sha12889158 on Sep 23, 2018

That looks like a stink bug. I get them in my attic sometimes. Don't squish him tho, hence the name stink bug. Awful odor.

• Jan Loehr Jan Loehr on Sep 29, 2018

We live in the Atlanta GA area and get them occasionally inside our screened porch...they are harmless to humans so I just catch them in a plastic container and let them fly away ..no need to stomp or smash them....not a big deal....

• Mike Mike on Oct 04, 2018

1, If the quantity is not large, the physical defense method can be adopted.

Exposure to the sun - expose clothes, beds, cabinets, etc. to the sun, causing bed bugs to be killed by high temperature sun exposure or climbing out.

2, If the bedbug has formed a population and the number is large, it is recommended to use chemical methods.

Commonly used insecticides are effective, such as deltamethrin, cypermethrin, and chlorpyrifos.

At present, the drug registered in the Ministry of Agriculture is 2.5% deltamethrin (Kaisuling wettable powder), which can be diluted 50-80 times with water, sprayed on the bed board, wardrobe, etc.