The next one, a larger one, got painted orange with some yellow on it using the same technique. I then went outside and got a planter I was not using. I filled It up with plastic bags and positioned the larger of pumpkins on it. I realized it looked unfinished this way so I grabbed some mesh ribbon I had and sort of tucked and glued it to the inside edge of the planter. I added glue to the pumplin’s bottom edge and put it in. I started gluing leaves I cut off from a couple of fall flower sprays I had bought.
Recycled Pumpkins Topiary
My old foam pumpkins were starting to show their age after years of being put outside during the fall. I decided to upcycle them. I started by painting them as they were pretty beat up. Out came my stash of craft paints and i painted the first one white and then put some green paint on and wired with a wet paper towel.
I had some very stiff sturdy tubes from something my husband had done which I had saved for future use. I cut two small pieces and fit one over the knob of the pumpkin hot gluing it down.
I then proceeded to cut a hole on the bottom of the white pumpkin to fit over the tube. Again, hot glued it to the bottom Pumpkin.
I repeated this with the smalles pumpkin (this one was brand new as I did not have one small enough) and the proceeded to glue flowers and leaves around each of the pumpkins.
Here’s my finished pumpkin topiary, I put it on my fireplace surround.