Asked on Sep 24, 2018

Just painted my old brick white. Now i need help with landscape?

Sally AlterJean E. AllenAnn
+3

We just gaved our 1958 house new siding and a fresh coat of oaint. Now I need ideas for landscape that will add some color and depth to the white

q just painted my old brick white now i need help with landscape
  • Katie-HomespunHabits

Looks great! You could make a bed in front of the brick wall with curves for extra dimension and bring it all the way to the driveway. Plant taller shrubs in the back and add your color the the front.

• Bea

Shrubs that have lasting color. Some hydrangeas will turn red in fall & are basically easy care

• Fiddledd224

You need some contrast on the house first. The all white exterior doesn't give any depth to the house, which cannot be fixed solely by the landscaping. Landscaping should enhance the house, not make up for any flaws. The white paint is gorgeous, but you need some color on the house to give it character. My suggestion is that you paint the front fence and garage doors a contrasting color (some shade of the roof color would be beautiful) and then add more color with your landscape. I would use warm colors in your flowers to complement the roof color. Lots of green shrubs in different textures (some feathery leaves, some evergreens, some pines) will also look great against the white.

• Ann

Fiddledd224 had great idea-think that is a bench - I would add a split rail fence and go from there-

• Jean E. Allen

Love the view

• Sally Alter

Many good suggestions above, but I wonder if you might like to add a lovely big water fountain seeing as you have such a large front yard?