Dreamy Ombré Wall - Tutorial

$60

I wanted to do something different with my master bedroom walls. My original plan was to build a super original and rustic headboard, but that would take time, money and skills I didn't have, so I decided to stay in my comfort zone: paint. And I couldn't be happier with the result.

This is how my wall looked before. Boring, right? I decided to do an ombré wall using dark gray, navy blue and white. I will show here you how I did it, but I recommend that you watch my video tutorial of the entire process.

First I painted a large stripe the darker color (gray) on the bottom. You can use a roller to save time at this point.

Did the same thing on the top, with my lighter color (white).

When I got to the middle area, I started adding water to my brush, and overlapping the colors on the wall, letting them blend softly.

I worked in a crisscross pattern, but that is optional, since the colors will blend and the pattern won't show.

The middle area had several shades of blue, since I blended it with the gray and the white.

I worked all the way across my wall, two colors at a time (gray and blue, then white and blue), always keeping my brush wet.

I covered the entire wall and, the next day, with fresh eyes, I made all the adjustments I wanted, adding more dark or light color to some spots, or making some harsh areas more blended by adding watery paint.

I mixed the approximate shade of color in my tray before brushing it to the wall.

This is how my bedroom looks now. Much cooler, right? If you decide to try, check out my blog post with the detailed tutorial and extra tips.

And here is the video tutorial.

Thanks for reading!

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Pat Rios | The Wood Spa

• Rsgrage

Beautiful, now all you need is the thunder and a gentle rain to sleep like a baby!

• Lisa West

I was going to say the same thing. Or some ships in a stormy sea or big lake. String lights. She needs string lights lol

• Eve

My walls are gold they were painted when I moved in , I have black leather furniture , I liked the gold walls then but 5 yrs later it’s time for a change . I love color but could I ombré this gold & would it look good for a living room ? Suggestions welcome !!

• Linda Zak

you could use any colors; pick a color sample strip from your paint store, and select a pint/quart of each of the four (5?) colors on the strip. You will have a palette that goes together well.

• Val hetherington

Beautiful