Dreamy Ombré Wall - Tutorial

$60

I wanted to do something different with my master bedroom walls. My original plan was to build a super original and rustic headboard, but that would take time, money and skills I didn't have, so I decided to stay in my comfort zone: paint. And I couldn't be happier with the result.

This is how my wall looked before. Boring, right? I decided to do an ombré wall using dark gray, navy blue and white. I will show here you how I did it, but I recommend that you watch my video tutorial of the entire process.

First I painted a large stripe the darker color (gray) on the bottom. You can use a roller to save time at this point.

Did the same thing on the top, with my lighter color (white).

When I got to the middle area, I started adding water to my brush, and overlapping the colors on the wall, letting them blend softly.

I worked in a crisscross pattern, but that is optional, since the colors will blend and the pattern won't show.

The middle area had several shades of blue, since I blended it with the gray and the white.

I worked all the way across my wall, two colors at a time (gray and blue, then white and blue), always keeping my brush wet.

I covered the entire wall and, the next day, with fresh eyes, I made all the adjustments I wanted, adding more dark or light color to some spots, or making some harsh areas more blended by adding watery paint.

I mixed the approximate shade of color in my tray before brushing it to the wall.

This is how my bedroom looks now. Much cooler, right? If you decide to try, check out my blog post with the detailed tutorial and extra tips.

And here is the video tutorial.

Thanks for reading!

Pat Rios | The Wood Spa

• Marcy Isherwood

I love it. I am looking around my house to see where I can incorperate this idea. Lovely.

• Carrie Ervin Divine

Wow! I was not expecting that end result! That is absolutely original, unique and stunning! Could go with so many different decorating styles too. Also, the color choices are endless! Yeah, to say im in love would be putting it mildly. I found my next project for sure! Great job!