Purple Dream

$40
1 Day

I once saw a picture of a vintage model with a purple door behind it and fell in love. My door was in major need of some TLC so I jumped at the opportunity
purple dream
My door before need some.... alot of loving. The paint was chipped on the door and the frame
purple dream
I found a Purple I absolutely loved. I sanded the door, especially on the spots that were chipping away. I also scrapped away what loose paint there was on the trim and sanded as well. I used a paint brush and roller to apply the paint. I used exterior paint, which is very important not to use just any paint. Exterior can handle the weather changes and temperature changes. (were in the middle of doing the living room, so ignore the mess in the doorway haha)
purple dream
I thought about painting the white around the window but after applying the first coat, I liked the way it made it pop more. Here it is with three coats of paint.
purple dream
I repainted the trim white with a couple coats of outdoor paint and it is a whole new door.
purple dream
A complete change and I absolutely love it!!! This has always been a dream of mine, and now I have it! Amazing what a little paint will do!
purple dream
I had bought some purple curtains from our thrift store a while ago to make cushion covers (cant beat $2 Right!) and I was shocked at how close the purple ended up being. Brings the whole thing together. Now time to plant some flowers to bring it all together :)

• Exterior Paint  (Lowes)
  • Paint brush  (Lowes)
  • Small paint Roller  (Lowes)

1 comment
  • Wendy

That is a brave move, and it surely pays off! Love the look!