DIY Custom Clipboards 3 Ways

$10

While cleaning out my office, I ran across several clipboards that were not being used, so I decided to pretty them up and use them as wall art and to help keep me organized. This project took less than an hour to do and was free for me since I used what I had on hand!
diy custom clipboards 3 ways
I began the project by using a rose gold spray paint to spray the top of the clipboards, including the hardware.
diy custom clipboards 3 ways
Next, I decided on a couple of designs and used painters tape to tape off the areas I wanted to paint. For one of the clipboards, I simply wanted a triangle shape on the bottom right because I was going to put a vinyl quote on it. I made the other one striped, so I measured out the width and taped the stripes.
diy custom clipboards 3 ways
I used Deco Art paint and a small brush to paint the areas with two coats, letting dry in between coats. A small sponge brush would also work well.
diy custom clipboards 3 ways
Remove the painters tape before the paint is completely dry.
diy custom clipboards 3 ways
For the third clipboard, I used patterned Duck tape and washi tape to create a fun border on the clipboard.
diy custom clipboards 3 ways
I added the quote using vinyl that I designed and cut with my Cricut cutting machine. You can find the tutorial on how to do this on my blog Real Girl's Realm if you are interested.

I hung the clipboards on the wall using clear Command hooks. I love how the paint and tape brightens up the plain clipboards and now they can double as wall art, as well as hold important papers!
Mary from Real Girl's Realm