Asked on Sep 25, 2018

How do I fix a low area of a concrete slab ?

WilliamV SmithBobby


Hi, Someone poured a concrete slab 14'x18' and left a really bad low

area against the house from the corner to the sliding glass door. So

now when I rinse it off it floods, and the person that did it won't answer there phone so I'm going to see if I can fix it can you please give me some advise on how to fix it ?.

4 answers
  • Bobby
    on Sep 25, 2018

    The best way to fix this area is to have a Contractor who specializes in concrete, because with the technology we have today they can drill a few holes into the Concrete and raise the area up to the appropriate level.

    • William
      on Oct 1, 2018

      Slab jacking costs an arm and a leg and your first born. Concrete resurfacing is low cost and a DIY.

  • V Smith
    V Smith
    on Sep 26, 2018

    Bobby is right. You can't just pour something on top of the low spot and expect it to stick to the concrete. That section of the pad may need to be cut out and re-poured. I am not familiar with the technique of drilling holes and raising the slab but I would certainly look into it if I were in your situation. I would also talk to a brick layer to see if they could cover the slab with bricks and make it drain. Fixes like these usually come down to what you can afford to pay out. But having the water puddle against your house is very bad. On a dry day caulk the seam between the house and the slab, that may help a little.

    • Jan Marie
      Jan Marie
      on Oct 2, 2018

      In my area they use a mixture of sand and water and the cost was far less then pouring a new slab. Are there witness marks on the outside of the house that would lead you to believe that the slab sunk after it was poured and cured? I can't tell by looking at the photo but it looks like there is a mark. If the slab sank you need to try and figure out why or you will end up with a sloped slab, again. Does your house have eave troughs and do they carry the rain away without overflowing the eave trough?

  • William
    on Oct 1, 2018

    All you need do do is resurface the low spots with concrete resurfacer. Bobby is talking about slab jacking. They drill holes in the slab, pump concrete under the slab to raise it. Costs an arm and a leg and your first born. V Smith apparently hasn't heard about concrete resurfacing.

Your comment...