Throne of Kings & Queens Re-Vamp Challenge

$4000

My bathroom was begging for a change. I felt it everytime I went in the little room. So I decided to honor her wish and do a little update in the throne room. I started the redo by painting a small table to place in corner. The painting of this table was one of my previous post. Once I completed the table, I decided to add a frame around my mirror. This was also in a previous post. So far so good. Next, I bought a metal tray with four glass bottles. The bottles had plain white tops. So I used some old kitchen knobs and glue them on top of th lids. So cute. I placed bath supplies in the jars and put the tray on the back of the commode. I purchased a new ruffled shower curtain, love it. I had picked up a couple of metal letters at a yard sale. They are the first letters of our first names. The letters were S & D. They were prefect for our bathroom. So I hung them over the commode. I loved the little bathroom signs that say “Get Naked.So I found a small, round, black board shape and painted Get Naked on it. I hung the sign on the back, of the door by the guest towel. The bathroom is definitely updated and fun.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
This is a before pic. I started removing things before I took a pic.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Another before pic.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
New table painted and branded ready to go.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Over the D & S, I wrote a Bible verse on a chalk board, I had shabbied. You can also see the glass jars in th metal tray. Each jar has a tag attached for writing the contents of the jar. I just used some old kitchen knobs and glued them onto each lid.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
I also painted a mirror and placed it in the corner on the table. I hung a small wreath on the mirror. I added a small lamp with a metal shade on a stack of old books, for height. The light has a metal shade, so I stenciled about three letters and a number combination on the shade.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Sorry, the shade stencil does not show in this pic.

thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Attic treasure...old milk stool. I sat a small bucket on the stool with extra toilet paper arranged in the bucket..after cleaning the old milk stool that had been stored in my attic for years. I placed the old milk stool in a corner as you walk in the door. It is very old and a great conversation starter
Now for the get naked
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Now for the ”Get Naked’
I used stencils to spell out the words.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
I used acrylic paint to trace the words onto the round board.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
I didn’t want this to have all straight letters, so I spaced and placed them out of line.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
After I got the letters set, I used blue acrylic paint and added water, then I added white acrylic to give the waves some white caps. Last, I sprayed the sign lightly with a clear coat.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Here is my sign hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Good for a laugh if are on the throne.
You can’t see it well, but I added new shower curtains, Also in another post I shared how I put a wood frame around my mirror.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Wood frame around mirror
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
Front view as you walk in.
thone of kings queens re vamp challenge
View when you close the door. Love my re-vamp!

• Pamela

Interested in how you framed out the mirror. I am getting ready to re do the master bathroom. We have a really large mirror in there, which is in good shape , except for the edges. The edges aren't chilled , just worn and you see black. I thought I would just build a frame around it or file the edges. I am just hoping it's not glued to the wall....I see clips, so I hope that's what's holding it. And I guess that what I wanted to know...when you built the frame , did you just put it over the clips ?

You di d a really nice job !!!

• Pamela

Yes, thanks ! I saw how you did it in your post, it was explained well. I just wasn't sure if you did it over the clips it looked like it layed flat. Glad to hear you did it over the clips !!! You made my project soooo much easier ! ☺

• Barbara Dooley

Where did you buy the shower curtain you replaced?