K & D's Designs
K & D's Designs
  • Jacksonville, FL

Update an old kitchen backsplash with wallpaper!

I simply couldn't handle this terrible yellow color in my new homes kitchen, and at this point budget was slim, so for an easy backsplash I found this Plaster Finish Appearance wallpaper, stuck it up, painted and Wallaa-- it's new and beautiful now!!
Terrible kitchen color..
Terrible kitchen color..
Filled in holes, smoothed walls. Applied plaster appearance wall paper that's paintable... Easy backsplash!
New textured backsplash for cheap!
New textured backsplash for cheap!

• K & D's Designs

Well Barbara, I wasn't too sure either, but once it's painted it cleans up just as easily as regular painted walls! It's holding up perfectly!

• KatAych

I'm about to do this, myself! I've read that vinyl is best as it is waterproof and therefore cleanable...but I've also seen folks use regular paper and just polyurethane over to protect it. It looks great! Thanks for the share!