HOW TO REMOVE A WATER STAIN FROM YOUR WOOD FURNITURE IN 5 MINUTES!

$0

I was given a beautiful solid wood side-board from my mom when she sold her house. I loved everything about it, everything except the big water stain in the top corner! It had been caused by a cold drink on a hot day. And the stain had been there for as long as I can remember.

I didn’t want to paint it because I really loved the chestnut finish. And the rest was in perfect condition. And I don’t have much experience was re-staining and my previous attempts had not been hugely successful.

So I decided to try my best to remove the stain…

Step 1:

I got a dish towel and folded it in half and placed it over the stain

I filled my iron with water and set it to cotton mode and turned on the steam setting

I ironed over the towel, checking after every few strokes, until the stain completely disappeared!!

This technique also works on new stains. This is a heat mark I put on my oak table last week from a hot bowl of soup. Did the exact same technique with exact same results. Yeah!!! :)

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts

• Ann pauley

Please help! I used a gel toothpaste to get rid of two stains, and it took the cherry finish off. What to do?

• Kelli L. Milligan

You'll have to refinish. When people tell you to use toothpaste they mean white mom gel toothpaste.

• Alison Bulick Gilroy

Oh my God!!! That is amazing! I wonder if it would work on my burnerless stove or counters?!

• Lifestyles Homes

Since mayonnaise has eggs in it, does the mayo start to smell rancid, later?

• AnnWade

I have never heard of these techniques before. But I will definitely try them. Thank you for replying to help me fix my antique table. I will let you know how it turns out. I will take before and after pictures!

• Valerie Burge

It's so easy and works so well! Some people have mentioned mayonnaise works well too, but that sound a little messy to clean up afterwards. Good luck! Look forward to seeing your before and after pics!

• Kathleen

I REALLY want to say a BIG THANK YOU for that one! I actually worked right away and you can't even tell it was ever there. I would just make sure to tell people to do it quickly and then wipe off the steam from the table as soon as you steam it, so it doesn't create a new water stain. I steamed it for one second, and then wiped it down with the same towel I used as my "pad." I was SURE it wasn't going to work, but make it worse, but NOPE! It worked very well. Thanks again!

• Valerie Burge

It's amazing right! Sometimes the simplest things are the best! :). So glad you found it helpful!!