HOW TO REMOVE A WATER STAIN FROM YOUR WOOD FURNITURE IN 5 MINUTES!

$0

I was given a beautiful solid wood side-board from my mom when she sold her house. I loved everything about it, everything except the big water stain in the top corner! It had been caused by a cold drink on a hot day. And the stain had been there for as long as I can remember.

I didn’t want to paint it because I really loved the chestnut finish. And the rest was in perfect condition. And I don’t have much experience was re-staining and my previous attempts had not been hugely successful.

So I decided to try my best to remove the stain…

Step 1:

I got a dish towel and folded it in half and placed it over the stain

I filled my iron with water and set it to cotton mode and turned on the steam setting

I ironed over the towel, checking after every few strokes, until the stain completely disappeared!!

This technique also works on new stains. This is a heat mark I put on my oak table last week from a hot bowl of soup. Did the exact same technique with exact same results. Yeah!!! :)

• Ann pauley

Please help! I used a gel toothpaste to get rid of two stains, and it took the cherry finish off. What to do?

• Kelli L. Milligan

You'll have to refinish. When people tell you to use toothpaste they mean white mom gel toothpaste.

• Alison Bulick Gilroy

Oh my God!!! That is amazing! I wonder if it would work on my burnerless stove or counters?!

• Lifestyles Homes

Since mayonnaise has eggs in it, does the mayo start to smell rancid, later?

• Sharon
    12 hours ago

I've heard of using an iron to fix a heat stain on a waxed wooden table, it works great.... but I've never heard this works on a water stain..... I will have to try this!

• AnnWade
    29 minutes ago

I have never heard of these techniques before. But I will definitely try them. Thank you for replying to help me fix my antique table. I will let you know how it turns out. I will take before and after pictures!