HOW TO REMOVE A WATER STAIN FROM YOUR WOOD FURNITURE IN 5 MINUTES!

$0

I was given a beautiful solid wood side-board from my mom when she sold her house. I loved everything about it, everything except the big water stain in the top corner! It had been caused by a cold drink on a hot day. And the stain had been there for as long as I can remember.

I didn’t want to paint it because I really loved the chestnut finish. And the rest was in perfect condition. And I don’t have much experience was re-staining and my previous attempts had not been hugely successful.

So I decided to try my best to remove the stain…
how to remove a water stain from your wood furniture in 5 minutes
Step 1:
I got a tea towel and folded it in half and placed it over the stain

I filled my iron with water and set it to cotton mode and turned on the steam setting
I ironed over the tea-towel, checking after every few strokes, until the stain completely disappeared!!
This technique also works on new stains.  This is a heat mark I put on my oak table last week from a hot bowl of soup.  Did the exact same technique with exact same results.  Yeah!!!  :)

• Jillene corrigan

how to remove hardened glue from wood desk

• Thelma

Hi Jillene, I was given an old school desk that had a lot of fingernail polish, hardened glue, and globs of paint of some kind on the wood top writing surface. After trying paint remover, fingernail polish remover, sandpaper, etc., and not getting any of them to work, I used some of my glass-topped stove cleaner and an old-fashioned chore-girl and in no time all the mess was all off the wood and there was not any scratches. The wood looked like new, I varnished the top with the lightest color of varnish I had {label was already missing off the can so don't know the color name}, then sealed it with a clear Marine Spar Polyurethane. It still looks beautiful after 15 years!

• Millie Loveless

What is the blue on the spot?

• Coa27879058
    17 hours ago

Any idea if you think this trick would remove a ring left by linen spray? Many thanks.

• Valerie Burge
      13 hours ago

If moisture from the spray is what caused the ring than yes. And honestly I don't think it would cause any damage to try it. Good luck!

• Vha25807836

I

tried this project and it works 100%...

• Ntr33629734

But the stains I have was actually caused by ironing a piece of clothing on it and let my iron stay face down too long on the cloth I had my item of clothing on....

• Try using bar keepers friend! It has the same ingredient as wood bleach but is not as strong. Make a paste with it and let it sit til it drys then wipe off. It may take a few applications and maybe a tooth brush , but it should work. If this doesn’t do anything you may have to lightly sand the finish off first to allow the product to get to the wood. Good luck! There is a product called wood bleach that you can use to bleach the wood back to a normal color then you will have to put a finish and maybe even a light coat of matching stain back on it. Try furniture wax first