HOW TO REMOVE A WATER STAIN FROM YOUR WOOD FURNITURE IN 5 MINUTES!

$0

I was given a beautiful solid wood side-board from my mom when she sold her house. I loved everything about it, everything except the big water stain in the top corner! It had been caused by a cold drink on a hot day. And the stain had been there for as long as I can remember.

I didn’t want to paint it because I really loved the chestnut finish. And the rest was in perfect condition. And I don’t have much experience was re-staining and my previous attempts had not been hugely successful.

So I decided to try my best to remove the stain…

how to remove a water stain from your wood furniture in 5 minutes

Step 1:

I got a dish towel and folded it in half and placed it over the stain

I filled my iron with water and set it to cotton mode and turned on the steam setting

I ironed over the towel, checking after every few strokes, until the stain completely disappeared!!

This technique also works on new stains. This is a heat mark I put on my oak table last week from a hot bowl of soup. Did the exact same technique with exact same results. Yeah!!! :)

• Mary

What is a tea towel

• Ann pauley

Please help! I used a gel toothpaste to get rid of two stains, and it took the cherry finish off. What to do?

• Valerie Burge

I've never used toothpaste. Are you sure the finish came off...or did it just turn cloudy white over top of the finish? Did you see red on your cloth?

• Alison Bulick Gilroy

Oh my God!!! That is amazing! I wonder if it would work on my burnerless stove or counters?!

• Daisy@TX

use mayonnaise leave overnight and wipe away next day.

• Grace Horton

I used mayonnaise on an antique table, worked like a charm. Slathered it on, then after some time, it was back to normal.