Mini Fire Pit

$21

I always loved the look of a fire pit, the idea of sitting outside relaxing under the stars whilst watching the flames just appealed, but I only had a small terrace. So i put my creative head on and with a few euros and some basic garden and craft supplies my lovely fire pit was built.
First I gathered a load of lovely white round stones from my nearest beach, I live between the shores of the Mediterranean and the Andalusian mountains, got them home and washed to remove the sand, then laid out all the materials, removing the metal liquid container from the Tiki Torch, check the plant pot is deep enough for the terracota plate and oil holder to sit in with a few inched to spare above
I then sanded the plant pot down to make sure the paint left a smoother finish
Lay the plant pot on top of some newspaper to protect the floor and paint it your chosen colour, I choose rustic gold as it suits the rest of my decor, it may need two coats depending on how well it covers
I then painted a different colour around the rim, having tried to use stencils unsuccessfully due to using the wrong paint, it all peeled off so I then went for the solid line instead.
I then fitted the plant pot in to the plant stand and placed the terracota plate in the bottom, I used this to stop too much heat transferring from the oil holder to the plant pot in case it cracks. Fill the oil holder about 2/3 full and pull a small amount of the wick out, you don't need much about 1/4 inch
Place the stones around the terracota plate and oil holder, this may take a few attempts until you find the best combination of sizes and placement, bear in mind that it has to stay more or less in place when you remove the oil holder in the future to refill it.
You can also add pretty stones or glass between the large stones for effect.
Quick test to check, this was how i discovered you only need a very small amount of wick pulled through
All you need to do now is decide where you are going to place it, pull up a chair and relax. One of my favourite things about this is because its a mini firepit its easy to move. If you wish to extinguish it before the oil has run out just use one of the stones and place it on top of the flame until it goes out or use a candle snuffer, either way be careful

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized

• C Crow
    C Crow

Very clever project and turned out great! I adore the wall tiles. Would you have any information on them? Thank you.

• Lily Frances
      Lily Frances

Thank you, the tiles are typical Andalusian (Southern Spain)tiles available all around where I live, will ask the local tile shop if they can export. They are lovely aren't they, we have such a choice and you can so see the Arabic influence in the Andalusian decor. Hope this helps

• Belinda
    Belinda

What can I do with jar of seashells? I need some ideas. I’m also not really crafty. Thank you. Belinda

• Judy
      Judy

you can buy these lamps that have a clear vase type and fill them with sea shells

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

What a pretty project! I was wondering what the solid color line that you added was. I can’t see it.

• Jessica
    Jessica

Love this project! Amazing idea!

• Von
    Von

I love this idea. We are empty nester's & building a big fire is not what we need. This is great 😂