Doors 🚪 Doors 🚪 Doors!

$200

So, I really wanted to New garage doors. Mine were outdated and Umm 😐 just plain ugly. I thought about buying new ones but the thought of paying at least $800 for each door... Nahh! I got this. I’ll paint those suckers... So here’s what I did!
doors doors doors
I wiped the doors clean with soap and water. Then taped everything off.
doors doors doors
Here comes the scary part and honestly I was freakin our a bit 😬
I chalk painted the doors a rhubarb color, for texture. The chalk paint dries quick..
doors doors doors
So, I started staining the doors. I used a dark walnut. The stain takes a few days to dry.
doors doors doors
I then chalk painted around the windows and used a black color.
I also used a spar uerathane for the final coat.. it made the doors super shiny.
doors doors doors
The garage doors turned out so very good I had to do the side doors
doors doors doors
And this is the final outcome...
I love them and I’m kinda obsessed with them  lots of hard work but so worth the sweat equity!!
doors doors doors
oh... and this is the back door.... swoon

• Sabrina Allen

How did you apply the coats? Did you use a brush or sponge?

• Cmdesigns701

We live in an extremely cold climate. North Dakota 🥶 The doors although its only been a few months ago have held up really well. The garage doors are facing south. I used a urethane to seal the doors. I probably should seale them again in the spring.

Ya, I would be careful. I'm not really sure how your door would hold up with the heat and humidity.

• Adrina Giles-Starms

Can you use this paint on a wood garage door?

• Cmdesigns701

Yes! I painted my shutters and they are wood and got the same effect.

• Does the garage door need to start out gray to get that effect?

• Cmdesigns701

No. You’ll end up with the same effect, the only think the color may be slightly darker or lighter.