Asked on Sep 30, 2018

How to whiten a mixer?

DEEOhhhdearJudyH
+5

Does anyone know how to whiten a metal stand mixer that has yellowed over time?

• Sher
    Sher

I don't know but was wondering the same thing as I had to pull out my old push button phone from '82! My blender, the same.

• JudyH
    JudyH

Scrub with a paste made from Barkeepers Friend and water. Try not to get the paste in any grooves or ventilation holes. Rinse and dry. If this does not work, do NOT be tempted to try and paint your mixer! Alternatively, you could just buy an inexpensive stand mixer cover from Amazon.

• Ohhhdear
    Ohhhdear

The root problem is old plastics technology; it tends to yellow, crack, and disintegrate. I’ll bet this older mixer has been kept out of the light, too. If a thorough cleaning doesn’t help, then why not try some of the nifty mixer decals available on Amazon? Or a good quilted cover?

• Judy
      Judy

There is no plastic on the mixer, but yes, it has been kept out of the light. The decals sound like a plan! Hadn't thought of that. Thanks so much!

• DEE
    DEE

Just paint it.