New Uses for Old Christmas Cards

$0

Don't you just hate to toss all those pretty Christmas cards at the end of the season? It seems like such a waste!

If you're like me, you like to find new uses for pretty things. Here is a super simple idea for reusing your old Christmas cards.

MATERIALS NEEDED:

1. Old Christmas cards
  2. Colored card stock
  3. Scissors & edging scissors
  4. Glue stick
  5. Hole punch
  6. Ribbon
  7. To / From stamp (optional)

1) You can use the entire front of a card for your gift tag, or just cut out the portion of the image you want to use. I used scalloped-edged scissors to make a fancy cut.

2) Glue the card to plain cardstock, and then cutout around the edges. This covers any writing that might be on the back of the old card you're reusing.

3) Use a hole punch to make a hole in one corner of the card.

4) Loop a ribbon through the hole you just made. You can make it long or short, as desired, to attach the card to your gift.

5) Optional: Use a "To / From" stamp on the back, to address your gift cards.

6) Attach your cards to your gifts with a small piece of tape, or tie the ribbon to the package.

Brighten all your gift packages with pretty tags, made from your old Christmas cards. These are perfect for any gift that you send in the mail, because they don't get squashed!

For more fun and easy Christmas craft ideas, check out the ideas for Quick and Easy Christmas Crafts. Be sure to join our newsletter while you're there, to get weekly project ideas delivered right to your inbox!

3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Single Girl's DIY

• Lovesunique

Great idea! Like the idea of using in mail packages. Wouldn't it be neat to reuse a card for a package from the original sender of the card? I wonder if they would remember the card!!!

• Jaime Longbottom Sterwerf

One year I forgot to sign my brother's birthday card so when my birthday came around 7 months later he gave it back to me without signing it it became our yearly joke he passed away a couple years ago that memory always makes me laugh