How do I hold up the wood I'm using to frame a mirror?

+4

I'm framing a large bathroom mirror with wood and need to know how to hold the wood to the mirror while the glue dries.

• Mogie Mogie on Sep 30, 2018

Nancy depending on if the wooden frame goes beyond the mirror or not duct tape or brad nails.

• William William on Sep 30, 2018

Blue painter tape. What kind of glue are you using? Hope it's E6000.

• Mary Mary on Oct 01, 2018

I’m hoping that your frame is all in one piece, mitered and screwed or nailed securely. In order to hold the mirror to the wood, I’d advise mirror brackets available at big box stores like Lowe’s or Home Depot. The frame should have a ¼” rabbet where the mirror will sit. You can glue and use clamps, but brackets will be safer; no chance for the mirror to slip out. This is especially important if it’s glass mirror and not the shatter proof kind. Good luck!

• William William on Oct 01, 2018

E6000 Glue. A lot of crafters use it for everything. Indoor and outdoor. I have use it gluing ceramcs and glass to wood. Fabric seams. Wreaths,.

https://www.michaels.com/e6000-craft-adhesive/10192536.html

• Hold it in place with painter's tape or hot glue as a temporary hold.

• Oliva Oliva on Oct 01, 2018

Wood clamps