How to get the shells off of hard boiled eggs, what is the ingredient?

+4

Ingredient that goes in the biking water to get shell off easily?

• Roseann8628 Roseann8628 on Oct 01, 2018

Baking soda (apx. 1 teaspoon). Also, eggs that are 7 to 10 days old are ideal to make hard-boiled eggs that will peel easily. Check expiration date on carton. :)

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Oct 01, 2018

Add baking soda to the water before you boil. I don't know how much to put in because I just grab some between my fingers and drop in the water. Usually, they pop off in 2 - 3 large pieces.

• Oliva Oliva on Oct 01, 2018

1/2 to 1 tsp. Salt, added after water is hot. When time is up, submerge eggs in ice water. After several minutes, tap shell against counter and peel.

• Lsherbach Lsherbach on Oct 01, 2018

I add salt to the water...works every time

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Oct 01, 2018

I find running water over the shell while peeling it helps a lot. It seems to help separate the shell from the egg easier.

• Honestly we started using our Instant Pot and boy was it a game changer! The shells practically fell off the eggs.

• Baking soda is supposed to work. Just add it your water while boiling. I let mine sit in ice cold water after I boil them and that helps too.