DIY Twin Bed Frame

$100
1 Day

A few months ago we were making plans for transitioning our toddler from a crib to a toddler bed, so we started to look for a bed frame. My husband then had an idea to create a DIY bed frame as he had recently started building a few small things. The Pinterest loving side of me instantly jumped on board! I love adding to our home through projects we make ourselves.
We went with a very simple and basic bed frame. The end result is great! Eventually, my husband wants to paint it and add legs and a possible headboard.

Cut 2x10s for the outer frame to the desired length and width.
Cut 2x4s and screw them to the side panels of the bed frame to serve as supports.
Use corner brackets to connect the 2×10 sections of the frame together. The size and type of brackets will vary depending on your preference. Once all brackets are screwed to the frame, use a level to check from side to side.
Next cut slats to connect from side to side and support the mattress within the frame. Screw the slats by starting with small pilot holes to try to protect the slats from splitting. The number of slats will vary depending on the amount of support and the type of mattress used. You do need to make sure that the slats are LESS THAN 3 inches apart to prevent mattress sagging. We recently went in and added a couple extra!

That's it! You can read more of the details and see more of the project on the blog!

• 2x10 wood  (Lowes)
  • 2x4  (Lowes)
  • Screws  (Lowes)

Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Everything Red For Canada Day
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Keri Snyder

• Jenn Gates MacKinnon

We need a bedframe we can fit to size in our condo & I've been dying to be allowed/encouraged to try something! This maybe what I'm looking for!