Giant Halloween Spiders Web Decoration DIY

$0

Halloween is coming and we are having a Party this year and we need a few decorations. So I decided to start by making a giant spiders web to hang on the outside of our house.

This project started with 15 plastic grocery bags and a regular household iron.
giant halloween spiders web decoration diy
The bags are cut into plastic yarn and then fused together with the iron to make the spider web shape. For more information on how to cut the plastic yarn see 3 ways to prep your plastic bags for crafts.

It helps if you have a large surface to iron on so I protected my table top with some heavy butcher paper. Depending on the table surface you might want to use some fabric as well under the paper.
I like the way my decoration looks from inside the house...
as well as outside the house. Now I just have to come up with a few more trashy Halloween projects before the party.
This video shows the whole process if you are interested in making one of your own.
Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews you can visit the Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling!

Cindy

• Plastic grocery bags
  • Iron
  • Scissors
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab