Are these slings replaceable?

+4
My sister has a garden/yard set that she loves and it was not an inexpensive set. She has had it for some time now and the fabric is in need of replacement, if it can be replaced. Please have a look and let me know if any of you have replaced the slings on this type of furniture and, if so, how did you got about it. I think it looks like you pop the cap off the ends and then one would have to assess how to affix new (maybe Sunbrella) fabric. She lives in the South and I live in the Northeast, so I have not see them up close but I have to believe there is a way to replace this fabric. Suggestions on replacement materials are more than welcome. Thanks for all your help.
are these slings replaceable, painted furniture
  • E4lizerd E4lizerd on Jun 21, 2014
    These look quite similar to my tropitone chairs. go online and check tropitone sling replacement. I bet they would fit, in any event you can order custom slings to replace worn out ones. also check with your local patio store.
  • E4lizerd E4lizerd on Jun 21, 2014
    any way, to answer your original question, they are absolutely replaceable.
  • Tricia Tricia on Jun 21, 2014
    Thank you to my sister for posting this! Yes! I think they are Tropitone! I got these in 1999, and had forgotten the brand name. The patio store that I bought them from is now gone. They lasted pretty well and are definitely worth reviving. Thanks for the info, Elizabeth Boyens :)
  • Adrianne C Adrianne C on Jun 22, 2014
    I repaired one of these, the sides are riveted to a flat bar and inserted into the side piece. Quite trick to pull the 2 sides apart and reattach.
  • Tricia Tricia on Jun 22, 2014
    Sounds like I'll need another set of hands hmmmm